Public procurement thresholds
1. Thresholds for procurement procedures and concession award procedures:
- thresholds specified by European Union acts (hereinafter referred to as ‘EU thresholds’);
- thresholds specified by the Act on the Central Budget (hereinafter referred to as ‘national thresholds’).
2. Thresholds shall be periodically established and published in the Official Journal of the European Union by the European Commission.
3. National thresholds concerning each subject-matter of public procurement shall be determined annually by the Act on the Central Budget. The EU thresholds, specified by the European Union acts according to paragraph 2, concerning each subject-matter of public procurement shall be included in the respective Act on the Central Budget.
4. As regards social and other specific services defined in Annex 3, no national threshold for service concessions shall be established and the contracting authority shall only apply this Act in case of service concessions the value of which is equal to or greater than the EU threshold.
5. At the beginning of each year, the EU thresholds and the national thresholds applicable for each subject-matter of public procurement, as well as the thresholds specified in Article 19(4)(a) shall be published by the Public Procurement Authority on its homepage. For this purpose, the amount of the EU thresholds and the thresholds specified in Article 19(4)(a) expressed in HUF shall be set in compliance with the Communication on the amount of the EU thresholds expressed in national currencies, published by the European Commission in the Official Journal of the European Union. (This amendment entered into force on 1 January 2017.)